Entertainment Account Specialist
Class Acts Entertainment is looking to grow our team. Are you an entertainment and/or event professional interested in the booking and management side of the talent business? We seek an individual to serve as an entertainment account specialist focused on our B2B and public facing markets. You will work develop new customers and talent as well as work with existing clients.
Your job will be to become the “GO TO” person when it comes to anything entertainment related for public facing events. From festivals to clubs, retails centers to casinos you will represent Class Acts to serve as a trusted entertainment partner and resource for clients and their events. You will be the person everyone in the event industry knows they can go to in order to source great entertainment.
You’ll be in-the-know and always at the forefront of creative ideas. Your knowledge and insight about music in the event industry will be vast and ever growing. Your ability to communicate vision and ideas both verbally and in writing will allow you to win and keep clients long term.
You have a great ability to connect with people in person, on the phone and in writing. You are equally comfortable presenting a slide deck in a corporate boardroom as you are enjoying cocktails at a campus bar. You are always honing your insights into how to take events, regardless of the location or audience makeup, from good to great using live entertainment.
Your skill at spotting important details overlooked by others will be legendary. Your attention to detail and willingness to roll up your sleeves and go the extra mile for clients and artists will cement your reputation as an invaluable talent provider.
Your music business acumen makes you a trusted advisor and consultant to artists and musicians. You will serve as a champion for live music and what it can do for events both big and small. Through involvement in professional organizations your network of friends and colleagues will constantly be growing.
Candidate experience/ attributes
- 2+ years in the entertainment, concert and/or event industry.
- Experience, detailed knowledge of the special events, music and/or concert industry.
- Existing personal network in the music or event business a plus.
- Broad knowledge of production and logistics as they pertain to music and entertainment.
- Customer service background. Must be good with people in person, in writing and on the phone.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Passion for live entertainment and events.
- Ability and willingness to work non-traditional hours including nights and weekends.
- Prospect and develop new client relationships
- Maintain and deepening relationships with existing clients.
- Work directly with prospects and clients to further business interests.
- Create proposals, pitch ideas and plan entertainment.
- Book entertainment including the creation and review of contracts.
- Communicate with clients, artists and support personnel to advance shows.
- Assist the direction and focus of the company’s marketing and PR efforts.
- Advise and contribute to website content.
- Advise and contribute to social media content.
- Develop and execute our conference strategy.
- Represent Class Acts in professional associations and/or organisations
- Management of venue relationships
- Network with other event professionals as well as other complementary vendors.
- Report goal progress.
- Continue to develop expertise in all aspects of entertainment field.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Extreme attention to detail: Produces accurate work, even when under pressure; checks the accuracy of information before using it or passing on to others
- Broad knowledge of entertainment styles relevant to the special event industries.
- Musical Entrepreneurial and “big picture” thinker
- Critical event analysis skills and creative problem solver.
- Anticipates client needs and potential issues before they arise.
- Prioritization and effective time management skills; ability to prioritize workload based on deadlines; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; anticipates needs of others
- Technical skills: Familiarity with G-Suite (Google Apps for Business) and MS Office suite. Comfortable with Social media.
- Detail focused. The ability to work with a vast amount of details while keeping organized and focused. Comfort in the minute details is important as you will regularly be ask to interpret and adapt contract language to fit unique situations.
- Composure and poise; ability to interact professionally with a huge variety of people. Ranging from stressed out couples to high level executives.
- Self starter; capable of following clear directions but also able to make decisions in an ambiguous environment.
- Strong work ethic; recognition that workload and demands will be heavy and will require focused commitment.
Bonus skills include:
- Marketing experience
- Production knowledge (sound and lights)
- Financial acumen and experience in Quickbooks Online along with general accounting knowledge.
- Photography/Videography skills shooting and editing.
- Graphic design
- Ability to lead others
What you would have done last month had you been with us:
With Customers you would have:
- Prospected for new customers via phone, email and in person
- Attend and serviced shows
- Meet with customers
- Curated talent for consideration by a wide variety of clients.
- You would have had numerous conversations with clients to gain insight into their needs and used your knowledge of entertainment to build pitches and make suggestions.
- Composed countless emails to clients and prospects.
- Service events on-site.
- Written, read and responded to emails about new and existing jobs.
- Anticipate needs and prospective problems with new and prospective jobs.
- Generated contracts and edited them to fit each specific job.
- Keep a detailed record of tasks and communications.
- Reviewed details and compiled “Advance sheets” to make sure everyone is on the same page.
- Advised clients on elements related to entertainment such as show flow and production.
- Networked with event industry professionals through professional trade groups like MPI and Experience Columbus.
- Develop celebrity entertainment options for larger events.
- Visited venues to better know the advantages and challenges with each location and to develop relationships with the sales staff.
With Artists you would have:
- Gone to see talent and support shows.
- Scouted new talent.
- Generated contracts for shows booked.
- Mentor and encourage best practices when it comes to live performance.
- Discussed best practices with artists and advise them on ways ways to develop their live performance business, set pricing and increate bookings.
- Met with artists to discuss representation.
- Reviewed countless event details with artists.
Do you love the arts and music industry? Do you have the experience and skills needed to thrive in this position?
If so, please send us your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a full time salaried position with bonus opportunities.
Class Acts Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer.