Entertainment Account Specialist
Class Acts Entertainment is hiring an event professional to serve as an entertainment account specialist focused on the marketing and booking of live entertainment with new and existing customers. This role will have a retail & B2B focus. You will work with existing clients as well as develop new customers and talent.
Your job will be to become the “GO TO” person when it comes to anything entertainment related for public events, especially those that intend to use entertainment and and concerts to draw and/or hold patrons.
From public concert series to clubs to casinos you will represent Class Acts and the artists we work with to serve as a trusted entertainment partner and resource for clients and their events. You will be the person everyone in the event industry knows they can trust to source great talent.
You’ll be in-the-know and always at the forefront of creative ideas. Your knowledge and insight about music in the event industry will be vast and ever growing. Your ability to communicate vision and ideas both verbally and in writing will allow you to win and keep clients long term.
You have a great ability to connect with people in person, on the phone and in writing. You thrive interacting with people from all walks of life and in a variety of situations; from the dive bar to the boardroom. You are always honing your insights into how to take events, regardless of the location or audience makeup, from good to great using live entertainment.
Your skill at spotting important details overlooked by others will be legendary. Your attention to detail and willingness to roll up your sleeves and go the extra mile for clients and artists will cement your reputation as an invaluable talent provider.
Your music business acumen makes you a trusted advisor and consultant to artists and musicians as well as clients. You will serve as a champion for live music and what it can do for events both big and small. Through involvement in professional organizations your network will constantly be growing.
Candidate experience/ attributes
- Some booking experience preferred.
- Proficient in Google Apps as well as Microsoft Excel.
- 3 years previous marketing/PR/promotions experience necessary
- College degree preferred but not a requirement
- Ability to be creative and multi-task in a very dynamic, changing, fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to meet goals and objectives
- Proactive team player with a positive attitude
- Strong verbal and written skills/phone etiquette and communication skills
- Knowledge/experience with Search Engine Marketing and Email/Social marketing
- Experience, detailed knowledge of the special events, music and/or concert industry.
- Existing personal network in the music or event business a plus.
- Broad knowledge of production and logistics as they pertain to music and entertainment.
- Customer service background. Must be good with people in person, in writing and on the phone.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Passion for live entertainment and events.
- Ability and willingness to work non-traditional hours including nights and weekends.
- Create proposals, pitch ideas and plan entertainment.
- Prospect and develop new client relationships.
- Work directly with prospects and clients to further business interests.
- Book entertainment including the creation and review of contracts.
- Communicate with clients, artists and support personnel to advance shows.
- Assist the direction and focus of the company’s marketing and PR efforts.
- Contribute to continual website and social media improvements and strategy.
- Management of venue relationships
- Network with other event professionals as well as other complementary vendors.
- Report goal progress.
- Maintain detailed records of engagements booked and communications.
- Continue to develop expertise in all aspects of the entertainment field.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Extreme attention to detail: Produces accurate work, even when under pressure; checks the accuracy of information before using it or passing on to others
- Entrepreneurial and “big picture” thinker
- Critical event analysis skills and creative problem solver.
- Anticipates client needs and potential issues before they arise.
- Prioritization and effective time management skills; ability to prioritize workload based on deadlines; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; anticipates needs of others
- Technical skills: Familiarity with G-Suite (Google Apps for Business) and MS Office suite. Comfortable with Social media.
- Detail focused. The ability to work with a vast amount of details while keeping organized and focused. Comfort in the minute details is important as you will regularly be ask to interpret and adapt contract language to fit unique situations.
- Strong work ethic; recognition that workload and demands will be heavy and will require focused commitment.
Desired but not required skills include:
- Graphic design
- Production knowledge (sound and lights)
- Financial acumen and experience in Quickbooks Online along with general accounting knowledge.
- Photography/Videography skills shooting and editing.
- Composure and poise; ability to interact professionally with a huge variety of people. Ranging from stressed out couples to high level executives.
- Action and results oriented – Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Broad knowledge of entertainment styles relevant to the special event industries.
- Self starter; capable of following clear directions but also able to make decisions in an ambiguous environment.
- Must be able to lead others
What you would have done last month had you been with us
With Customers you would have:
- Prospected for new customers via phone, email and in person
- Attend and serviced shows
- Met with customers
- Curated talent for consideration by a wide variety of clients.
- You would have had numerous conversations with clients to gain insight into their needs and used your knowledge of entertainment to build pitches and make suggestions.
- Composed countless emails to clients and prospects.
- Service events on-site.
- Written, read and responded to emails about new and existing jobs.
- Anticipate needs and prospective problems with new and prospective jobs.
- Generated contracts and edited them to fit each specific job.
- Keep a detailed record of tasks and communications.
- Reviewed details and compiled “Advance sheets” to make sure everyone is on the same page.
- Advised clients on elements related to entertainment such as show flow and production.
- Networked with event industry professionals through professional trade groups like MPI and Experience Columbus.
- Develop celebrity entertainment options for larger events.
- Visited venues to better know the advantages and challenges with each location and to develop relationships with the sales staff.
With Artists you would have:
- Gone to see talent and support shows.
- Scouted new talent.
- Generated contracts for shows booked.
- Mentor and encourage best practices when it comes to live performance.
- Discussed best practices with artists and advise them on ways to develop their live performance business, set pricing and increase bookings.
- Met with artists to discuss representation.
- Reviewed countless event details with artists.
Do you love the arts and music industry?
Do you have the experience and skills needed to thrive in this position?
If so, please email us your cover letter and resume. Our preference is that all applications go through the job posted on LinkedIn.
This is a full time salaried position with bonus opportunities.
Class Acts Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer.